The Portland Stags are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals to join our amazing team!
From coaches, to front office, to game-day staff, there are plenty of opportunities for those who love sports and have a passion for building something great. Check out our current opportunities and be a part of growing the sport of ultimate and the Portland Stag. We are also always on the lookout for new on-field talent.
- Event Coordinator
- Team Staff
Major League Ultimate and the Portland Stags are looking to hire an Event Coordinator in Portland. This fast paced and thrilling position puts you smack in the center of the game day excitement. Event Coordinators work closely with players, coaches, fans, and league staff while organizing and running all home games in their city. This position is ideal for someone looking to gain firsthand experience in sports management or event management.
This is a seasonal, part time position that does require working weekends and some evenings.
As an Event Coordinator you will be expected to be at every home game ready to run the show. It is the Event Coordinator’s job to ensure the game runs smoothly and that fans stay engaged and entertained. There will be a detailed game day script Event Coordinators are expected to create and follow and preparations that must be made before each event. Additionally, Event Coordinators will be asked to help organize and run some team events outside of game days.
Event Coordinators will be asked to work both independently and collaboratively with other game day staff, coaches, players and fans. This position requires a positive attitude, an ability to adjust plans and manage issues on the fly and would be best suited for someone who is detail oriented and hardworking. Event Coordinators must be at all home games (five events over a three month period) and able to dedicate 10-15 hours per week during the season. All Event Coordinators report to Major League Ultimate’s Event Manager and will be trained.
- Prepare documentation and communicate with staff/employees before for every home game
- Ensure all sponsorship signs remain visible and and sponsorship activation requirements are met during the event.
- Create and follow an event script in cooperation with the MLU’s Event Manager.
- Hire and oversee gameday staff and entertainment.
- Identify, organize, prepare, and manage all event day volunteers.
- Organize community outreach events including but not limited to signing parties, after-parties, and youth clinics.
- Coordinating charity/non-profit spotlights at games.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must hold be a high school degree.
- Must have completed 1+ years of college/university.
- Must live in designated city or surrounding metropolitan area.
- Must have reliable method of transportation.
- Experience in event planning and or management.
- Customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the sport of ultimate is preferred but not required.
- Film Staff: Film staff assists with the filming of all Stags games and team events.
- Gameday Staff: Game Day staff assists the management staff in running the game-day operations.
- Graphic Design Staff: Graphic Design Staff are responsible for assisting the design team with the graphics requirements of the Stags’ website and other media.
- Management Staff: Management Staff assists the management staff with the day-to-day responsibilities of running and supporting the team.
- Social Media Staff: Social Media Staff is responsible for helping the team’s Content Manager with all team social media accounts during the game.
- Writing Staff: Writers are responsible for writing articles about the team, as well as previews and recaps of each game, which will then be published on the team website. This is an unpaid position.
To apply send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org